Visa interview is an integral part for the final decision for visa approval for most countries .Your interview Presentation could affect your visa processing duration and sometimes unsatisfactory interview can lead to visa refusals. Therefore, it is very important that you should prepare for the interview and address all concerns of the visa officer. Therefore, if you are prepared, you can enjoy this process and meeting with someone who opens the door of a new country for you
The interview is taken by the ambassador or visa officer who may ask you a range of questions mainly to ensure that your application case is genuine and your intentions align with what is being written in the application form and statement of purpose. Below shared some of the tips for visa interview:
Here are few visa interview tips:
- Prepare for the interview questions in advance.
- Get a copy of your all documents with you for the interview.
- Be on time for the interview.
- Be courteous, friendly and polite throughout the interview speak slowly and enunciate clearly.
- Don’t smoke, chew gum, eat, or drink in the course of interview.
- Be confident as you the best about yourself, where and why you have made applications.
- Give brief and clear answers. If not sure, then you can ask the question again. Be thoughtful in your answers.
- Go through the website and handbook of your university carefully.
- Know about your course contents thoroughly including course duration, fee, commencement & end date, credits points etc.
- You should be clear about your future plans after completing the course.
- Be ready for any strange questions and don’t get nervous when you have them. They are meant to test your intentions, skills or IQ.
- Interview may take 20-30 minutes or more, so be comfortable with it.
- Enjoy the interview!